“Duty, honor, country: Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you ought to be.”
As many of you know, I am a veteran. I was fortunate enough to serve as an officer in the U.S. Army for five years, and I served with some amazing soldiers, some of whom I’m fortunate enough to be able to still call my friends.
I am a firm believer that were it not for my military experience, I would not be where I am today.
The military gave a lot to me, and our service members give a lot to their country. Veterans Day is November 11, and it’s my turn to give back to those who served before me and those who continue to serve.
In honor of that commitment, I’m going to give two hours of free financial counseling to the first fifty active duty service members and veterans who sign up. We can talk about anything you want, from budgeting to TSPs to VA benefits to transitions to entrepreneurship to swapping stories. It’s your agenda, and I’ll spend that time however you want me to in order to help you.
If you’re an active duty service member or a veteran and want to take me up on this offer, simply click on this link to be taken to my contact form, and fill in the form to let me know that you’d be interested. I’ll write back and we’ll get the time scheduled.
If you know someone who is in the military or is a veteran who could use this service, please forward the link on to them and let them know of the offer.
Thank you for serving. I look forward to the opportunity to serve you.
Update: November 14, 2012
There are still a few slots left, so if you know someone who could use this service, please send them here. If you’re a veteran or active duty servicemember, it’s not too late. Please click here to contact me.
I owe a debt of gratitude to several people who have helped spread the word for me.
- Nords at the Military Retirement and Financial Independence blog
- Ben and the Ready For Zero team
- Ryan Guina, owner of not one, but two(!) blogs: Cash Money Life and The Military Wallet
- Carla Rountree, travel partner in crime, and hilarious travel blogger at The Inconsistent Nomad
- Laura Palmer of Bridgenosis behavioral leadership counseling
- Phil Panzarella, owner of CPS Professional Services and a great supporter of the American Freedom Foundation
- Dawn Halfaker, Mike King, and Dan Bulkley of Halfaker and Associates
- Steve Stedman
- Darryn Nyberg
- Kyle Redinger
- Matt Feinstein
- Jenny Kerr
Without the efforts of these people, many others who I probably left out, and, of course, those who served and continue to serve, I wouldn’t be here today, so thank you again!