Occasionally, others ask me to share some insight with their audiences on a variety of personal finance topics. I’m always grateful to them for sharing the opportunity. Here are a few of my recent appearances for (what I hope is) your reading pleasure:
- PTMoney | When Can You Stop Investing for Retirement? Once you’ve accumulated enough assets to be on your safe retirement glide path, can you stop investing?
- Control Your Cash | Can You Both a Renter and a Landlord Be? My take on our decision to sell our house to purchase investment properties to fund living in an apartment
- Marketwatch | When Should You Not Contribute to Your 401k? Maxing out the 401k isn’t always the right move
- Don’t Quit Your Day Job | Should I Quit Work to Go to Graduate School? This article examines the math behind the question, ignoring the Allan Ginsberg-like effects of sitting in ivory towers
- Bigger Pockets | Managing Early Retirement Income Needs With Your Investment Properties Can you reach early financial independence just through investment properties?
- Stacking Benjamins Podcast | How’s Your Plan? When do you need a financial planner, and what should you look for in selecting one?
- Think Advisor | What Do Annuity Buyers Want? How the annuity puzzle makes Monkey Brain howl
I was also featured in the Wall Street Journal for my article on how defining your retirement number can make you happier.