I wrote out a series of articles that outlines everything that my wife and I did in order to enable us to retire at the ages of 46 and 45, respectively. They go in order, although if there’s a specific topic that interests you, feel free to read it out of order.
I hope you enjoy the series!
- Answering the Question Why About Your Money
- Monkey Brain’s Common Weapons
- Money Comes and Money Goes
- Cracking the Whip on Your Money
- A Contract on Your Life
- What if You Can’t Work (and Not Just From a Lack of Coffee)?
- Don’t Pay an Arm and a Leg to Keep Your Arm And Leg
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Investing Doesn’t Mean Playing the Markets
- How to Save for Retirement
- Retirement – Paying for Knee-High Socks and Hammocks
- How Much Should I Be Saving?
- Social Security – Neither Social nor Secure, But It’s Something
- Kids – Raising Them, Feeding Them, and Educating Them
- Making Your House Your Home and Not a Money Pit
- Papers, Please! The Important Documents in Your Life
- Getting People Who Live in Houses to Pay You
- Starting Your Own Gig and Managing the Band
- Tying It All Together
I’ve also written about how the COVID-19 pandemic could affect your finances. To review those articles, go to Coronavirus and Your Finances.